Quality assured programmes
We’ve been reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency of Catalunya (AQU) and we are certified in the accomplishment of the Standards and guidelines for quality assurance in the European Higher Education Area.
More about our quality assurance →
Public and official studies
Our titles all have an official guarantee and are adapted to the European Higher Education Area. We are part of the educational network of the Generalitat de Catalunya, so we represent an example of quality public education.
In recent years, ESDAPC students have been recognized for the quality, creativity and innovation of their projects with the most prestigious design awards in the territory:
- ADG LAUS Awards, which recognize the best graphic design and visual communication projects.
- Habitàcola Awards, for students, with the aim of disseminating the importance of creativity, social commitment and professional rigour.
- Final Degree Projects Awards, organised by the Association of Interior Designers and Decorators of Catalonia.
- Josep Albert Mestre Awards for Excellence in the Teaching of Plastic Arts and Design, convened by the Confederation of Schools of Plastic Arts and Design.
- Catalonia Eco Design Awards.
- Final Project Awards in Graphic Design, organised by the Official College of Graphic Design of Catalonia.
- Acento G awards given by the graphic design magazine Gráffica.
- GaudeamusPROJECTA Awards, given by the Official College of Graphic Design of Catalonia for the best final works.
From the expertise of fine arts and crafts to the best new design
We share space with ancient art schools and our students can take profit from the opportunities this brings. You can take a variety of art workshops as part of your studies, with experienced fine arts and crafts teachers and well-stocked classrooms that come out from long years of experience. A singular complement for your design studies. It depends on the campus you can pick painting, sculpture, ancient photography techniques, engraving and printing, bookbinding, etc.
Choose among 7 different campuses… and ways of life
He have 7 campuses spread in the catalonian territory.Two are in Barcelona, but if you want to taste other experiences, and maybe stay more relaxed, we are also in Badalona and L’Hospitalet, near the city. But if you like nature and want to be near the countryside, your option could be Tàrrega, Vic or Olot campuses. Vic and Olot are nestled in beautiful centuries-old buildings, both around a cloister considered part of our historical and artistic heritage. The school in Tàrrega, a town near Lleida, is the smallest and most familiar one.
To study in Barcelona, the international capital of Culture, Art, Design and Fashion
Our main campus consists of 2 buildings in Barcelona, considered one of the best cities to live in, and first in Spain in quality of life. It is a beautiful Mediterranean city with 32 km of beach, which enjoys moderate temperatures throughout the year. It has an intense cultural life and countless plans to enjoy free time: strolling, parties, theaters, festivals, concerts or visiting a wide range of bars and restaurants.
|Calls for Nomination
|Autumn Semester: From March 13th to May 8th
Spring Semester: From September 12th to November 2nd
||Autumn Semester: May 26th
Spring Semester: November 17th
*Students have to be nominated by you in order to be accepted.
Steps to Apply for ESDAPC (and once admitted)
- Nomination. First of all, you must be nominated by your institution.
- Autumn Semester: From March 13th to May 8th
- Spring Semester: From September 12th to November 2nd
Warning! Use Firefox or Microsoft Edge Navigators to complete the form. Google Chrome may cause problems.
- Fill the Application Form. After your nomination, you can apply filling the form with your personal and academic data. You will receive in a few days an email with a user and password to enter your personal space (check your spam folder!). Application form→
- Remember: Students have to be nominated by you in order to be accepted.
- Upload the Documentation to your Personal Space→:
- Motivation letter (pdf)
- Personal Portfolio (pdf, up to 20 pages)
- Language certifications: Spanish B1 or higher (in the “Others” section)
- A copy of your European Health Insurance Card, or a private health insurance (in the “Others” section) →more information about EHIC
- Fill out and sign the provisional Learning Agreement. You can find the ESDAPC curriculum below, in the Study Programs section
- Deadlines for application:
- Autumn Semester: May 26th
- Spring Semester: November 17th
- Letter of Acceptance. If your application has been accepted, we will email you a Letter of Acceptance and further information to continue with your mobility process.
- Welcome Day. We held a Welcome Day some days before the beginning of lessons. You must attend it presentially, so this will be considered the first day of your mobility.
- Cerfificate of Arrival. You and your home coordinator will receive the Certificate of arrival in a few days after your arrival.
- Final Learning Agreement. You’ll check your provisional Learning Agreement with your Campus Coordinator and you’ll make the necessary changes.
- Language Course. If you do not have a certificated B2 level of higher, before the classes start you must enrole a course of Spanish or Catalan, paid by our institution. More information→
- After the mobility we will send your Transcript of Records (grades) and the Certificate of Attendance.
For more details and information, see our PDF Incoming Students Tutorial.
Regular Classes Period: From September 12nd, 2022 to January 20th, 2023.
Christmas Holidays: from December 21st, 2022 to January 7th, 2023.
Evaluation dates: 25-26-27 of January
Regular Classes Period: From February 06th, 2023 to June 09th, 2023.
Easter Holidays: April 3rd to April 10th, 2023
Evaluation dates: 14-15-16 of June
Our classes are taught in Spanish or Catalan. That is why we request a language certificate (B1) to ensure that the student will be able to correctly understand the classes. In any case, if you do not have an official language certificate (SIELE, DELE, CELU, TELC or similar), you must commit to acquiring a sufficient level before your arrival at ESDAPC and during your stay.
We make available to students a free language course that can serve as reinforcement and that, if your university admits it, can grant you 3 ECTS.
We also guide students with a low level of language to choose only practical subjects.
On the other hand, our teachers are used to the presence of Erasmus students in their classrooms and, although they do not teach in English, they can help them or even translate some essential aspects.
Because all classes are taught in Catalan or Spanish, ESDAPC offers a free Language Course (of Spanish or Catalan) at an external language school. This course is compulsory for those students who cannot accredit a B2 level of Spanish or Catalan before the start of their mobility.
It can provide you with 3ECTS if your home university accepts it.
|September 6th, 2022
|Campus Pau Gargallo
|Carrer de Molí de la Torre, 8, 08915 Badalona, Barcelona
|January 31st, 2023
|Carrer Ignasi Agustí, 2, 4, 08042 Barcelona
ESDAPC organizes an outing each semester for the fun of incoming students and for knowledge of the environment.
This is a unique opportunity to meet incoming students from other campuses, breathe a little between studies and get to know some of the wonders that Catalonia offers us, always with the friendly guidance of our tutors.
1st Semester: Magic Montserrat Mountain.
2nd Semester: Amazing Temps de Flors (Girona)
The ESDAPC APP allows you to make the most of your academic and social day-to-day life at ESDAPC and connect the entire university community on different campuses from a single platform.
Download the App and you can:
– Consult the events and news that interest you most.
– Keep up to date with all the news from the university.
– Enjoy discounts and special promotions to become a member of ESDAPC.
– Participate and give your opinion in social surveys.
– And many more things.
The Erasmus+ App is a one-stop-shop for learners that will place the mobility experience abroad at the fingertips of young people. It is intended to simplify the mobility process, to make it more accessible for every user while promoting innovation and digitalisation in the long run. Users of the app will be provided information on the Erasmus+ Programme opportunities for individuals and offered guidance throughout their mobility journey- from the application phase (with integrated application tools) to their return home.
More information and Download →